Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Here we go...

Stewart is currently en route to South America where he will be for a year. A year that will be packed with exciting adventures, new people, kind acts and life changing experiences. This really makes me question my own career choices. (i.e. being in a cubicle on the 36th floor of an office building in downtown Atlanta.)

You see, like Stewart, I'm extremely intelligent. In fact, if the truth be told, way more intelligent than Stewart. However, my college years were spent in a haze of late nights, illegal gambling, missed opportunities, alcohol induced shenanigans and dangerous tango's with various other substances (both legal and not so legal).

While my years since graduation have produced a much more responsible & compassionate member of society, the product of my misspent youth has led me down a path of mediocrity. While I've always been perfectly content with mediocrity, it's times like these that bring up the question "Just how fulfilling could my life be if I truly applied myself?"

So Stewart, on top of being well on your way to becoming an amazing doctor, philanthropist and world traveler: add to this list "An inspiration to everyone who knows you". (Also an inspiration to people who are smarter than you but didn't realy apply themselves in college.)

Safe travels my friend...

No comments: